Thursday, March 17, 2016

Birthday Blessings

A lot happened this week! Wednesday I dropped off Elder M at the airport, he got transferred to Maui! Then we waited at the airport for my companion who came out with me from the MTC! He was in the same group as me. He started his mission in Kauai, and got transferred to Kaneohe with me. It's pretty funny! I've been in Kaneohe longer than anyone now so I'm kinda the grandpa in the zone! The end of this transfer I'll hit 6 months!! Crazy to think about haha.. 

Elder K is from Blackfoot Idaho, he is a really funny and goofy kid! He isn't very excited about riding bikes because we have to go up so many hills.. But I think he'll grow to love it like I do haha! 

Well, the day I picked up Elder K we went back and I showed him the area!  I introduced him to some of our members and investigators! Later that night when I said my nightly prayer, I prayed that we would start to see some success.. I was a little down because of how hard I've been working, and haven't really felt all the fruits of my labor! So the next day we woke up and just started doing our daily routine of seeing the less actives and knocking on doors! Around lunch time we went to go catch a bus to get to the other part of our area! We heard someone yell "Elders!!" I turned around and I didn't see anyone, so we just kept talking.. a couple of minutes later the guy who had yelled came over and asked us if we were busy! So I said, "Of course not, how can we help you?" He told us he is an inactive member, and he wants his kids to get baptized! That was the best birthday present I could've ever asked for!  We talked with him and he said he needs to start coming back to church, and he wants to take the lessons etc..  I was already super excited but I didn't want to get my hopes up until I could actually have a sit down with him, or until he came to church! Well that Sunday he and his whole family came to church and told us how excited they are! It really strengthened my testimony of not only that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, but more so that he blesses us in our faithful and diligent labors.

I love you all, and thank you so much for all the Birthday emails! I really do appreciate it dearly!

Love you all! 

Elder Collings 



No comments:

Post a Comment