Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Fun new contact

This week was awesome! We had a big Zone flood after Zone conference to help some sister missionaries find more people to teach! Me and another elder (Elder B) went and just did some door knocking. After about two hours of people slamming doors we had one girl who came and talked with us! She said she was really busy and she had to go, so we left her on her way. A couple houses down me and Elder B both had the feeling that we needed to go back and give her a Book of Mormon! So we went back to the house a second time and she just came outside, and after we introduced the Book of Mormon, she asked us to teach her about our church! So we taught the Restoration and Elder B taught her about the first vision! After he finished, she told us that she felt so at peace and calm when he taught her about the first vision, and that it felt like a poem. I explained to her how the Spirit works, and that the Spirit told her that this message is true! She got really happy and is going to progress towards baptism! I'm sorry that I don't get to teach her because we were helping the sisters. But they will get to help her along the path now.  I'm still super excited, and it strengthened my testimony of the power of the restoration.  I can't wait to see how she progresses! We got to go to the temple today as well! That's why I didn't write yesterday! But it's always a blessing to be able to go and do a session. The Spirit is so strong, and it just relieves all of the stress that builds up! Transfers are this coming week! So I'll let you know if anything exciting happens! I'm hoping that I get to stay in Kaneohe but I'll be happy wherever the Lord sends me. 
Answers to a couple of questions:

Have you had any baptisms? I've had One baptism! Melody!
How many people have you seen re-activated? I have seen a lot of people reactivated.. I can't think of a number off the top of my head! But a couple families I've grow really close to.
What have you learned from your mission president and mission mom? I've learned to try and be the most obedient missionary I know I can be! That's what they always strive for.
Do the members help you with missionary work? We have lots of members I help us! we get a lot of referrals from them to go visit, and teach the lessons too!
Have you gained any more weight? I have gained 5 Pounds is all! I weigh 175.. But I've lost a lot of muscle haha!
What do you like best about your mission?  My favorite part is working with the less active family's right now! They have been one of the best blessings on my mission.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!

 Love Elder Collings

 The view never gets old!
Lizard on my ear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment