Monday, October 9, 2017

Final Testimony on Mission

Well This is probably going to be my last email back to all of ya'll.. super weird to say that. But  I figured for my last I would just bear my testimony :)

I am so grateful I was able to come and serve a mission here in Hawaii, there is no doubt in my mind that this was the place I was supposed to come and serve for two years. The people I've been able to meet and the miracles I've been able to see don't add up to me. The only conclusion I can come to is that God helped me, and led me to people that he had prepared to hear of his perfect message of his gospel. Even though I'm a very imperfect man, I am so grateful for eternal progression. When I have a hard day or when things get tough, I could just look back and then realize how far I've come and it makes trials so much easier to conquer. I've developed such a love for my savior Jesus Christ and for everything that he has done for me personally, and to have a knowledge that maybe it only took a couple seconds but the Savior has felt everything I've gone through.  As I rely on him and keep his commandments, he will provide a way for me to get out of any situation. He'll be a literal light in the darkness and guide me back to him.

I am so grateful for the people of Hawaii, I have never met anyone else so loving and so caring besides them "Maybe my mom" :) The people here, even if they really don't have anything at all, they will still give to the missionaries, and I know that God blesses them for doing that. I'm grateful for all my companions, mission leaders, & my mission president and his wife for putting up with me all the time, lol and helping me to reach my potential. I just can’t really put into words everything I've been blessed with and learned over the past two years. I know this church is the true church and I'm so grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith. There is no way that a man would endure so many trials afflictions and persecution and not just walk away, unless he knew that it was true. I also know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that really the fullness of the everlasting gospel is in this book. I know that anyone who will read, pray and really want to know if it's true will receive their answer. Because I know that I did. Thank you for everyone who has helped me on my mission I really do love and appreciate all of you! 
Elder Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment