Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Transfer and Maggots!

Man so pretty crazy week! I'm going to Kihei, Maui! I'll be white washing in and training another new missionary haha. I thought maybe I'd get a break for a little bit!! ;) But I'm pretty excited to get another greenie! I'll being the district leader there as well and its really cool because I'll be able to go on exchanges with people in my district serving on the island of Lanai, pretty crazy haha! Elder Heimburger is training a missionary too! So I'm a grandpa in the mission! haha I'm going to miss Waipiolani ward a ton.. But It's pretty cool because a lot of the families I met here that I really liked all grew up in Kihei! And their family is still living there, so I'll be able to get to know them. 
 haha so funny story as well.. Here is the story in my comps words
 So...it was a dark and stormy night...much like tonight, when we were eating dinner at an Auntie's house from Japan.  She knows I love Papaya!  So she always cuts me some Papaya to indulge on.  I was scarfing them down.  Halfway through my last Papaya, I froze... I stared down at the fruit in my hand.  Part of it was moving...there was A BIG MAGGOT IN MY PAPAYA!!!  The worst part is that I had seen them before, they had looked like simply part of the fruit, and I was so enthusiastically eating the papaya I didn't even think about it.  GUYS!! I ate a couple maggots last night!!!! It was horrible!  I couldn't even make a face, I had to graciously decline eating more fruit and ask if I could take it home.  I couldn't offend our host, so she doesn't know.  I awake late last night with horrid dreams of worms in my stomach.  But needless to say, I am still alive.  haha so that is my horror story from last week.  "Return of the Maggots"

No comments:

Post a Comment