Thursday, October 6, 2016

Conference Weekend

So my tag is made out of Koa wood! There is a member here that will make them for us! I have a mango one as well! I never wear it during the week! Only when I have service projects or stuff like that




But my favorite talk by far was elder Oaks on Saturday! It was super cool because last week I told you how we aren't going tracting anymore.. So I got our district together and we brainstormed.. One of the things we thought of was during dinners leaving a social media commitment! So whether that was taking a picture with us and posting it, or just sharing your favorite Mormon message, or quote etc.. And it was super cool to see that Elder Oaks gave a talk on that. Also there were a lot of talks given saying not to look beyond the mark and just focus or the simplicity of things.. Then they followed up with the Doctrine of Christ, explaining Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. And it just struck me that we really don't need to look beyond the mark.. That was my favorite thing about conference!

But everything is great! We get transfer news this week. so we'll see if anything happens! I've been here for half a year so I'm thinking something might change haha! But we will see. I'm definitely not excited if I do leave because of how awesome this ward has been to us! 

We had a great week. We were able to think outside of the box and find some real solid new investigators that we'll be teaching. One came and watched conference with us so I'm really excited to see how he felt. But I love you and thanks for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment